For this early on a Friday we now turn to a miscellany of brief items. In no particular order:
- A very good podcast is The Gerry Anderson Randomiser. It has been a joy to listen to in the car while commuting between home and the work sites.
- I have
feed2tootconfigured on a free tier VM on Oracle’s cloud. It will auto-post new blog entries to the Mastodon instance found at https://mas.to.
- Another very good podcast is Random Pursuit. I think I am current and have listened to the whole back catalog of that show now.
- Discussed with my Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor who has training in treating trauma issues the whole debate over the infamous “content warning” matters on Mastodon. She finds the huge amount of “content warning” tagging to be odd.
- Winter is coming and I am not looking forward to it this year. Wintry times give me a push to move to places like the Pacific or the Caribbean. The weather of northeast Ohio is just getting to me.
- As I am not Roman Catholic or Lutheran I am removed a wee bit from the social structures of the community. Community leaders in my local area are generally part of those denominational traditions. It is very possible to still be a Christian and not be Roman Catholic or Lutheran but it radically changes your social circles in this town.
- I am still shocked we doubled down on bad governance in the recent election here in Ohio. We’re going to have a state legislature chasing its tail starting in January rather than attempting to meet the actual practical priorities of the average citizen.
- My career in politics is toast.
- Writing can be good for weight loss. How so? Sometimes you just need to let everything out. Microblogging on Twitter and Mastodon is too short of a format to make such work well. Longer blogging styles let you gather your thoughts, express yourself clearly, and express emotions potentially. Getting your cortisol levels under control by writing about how things are going is a useful adjunct to daily exercise.
- I have to unbury the treadmill. Winter is coming.
- Understanding living with a smartwatch is still a challenge for me.
- I need to get back to writing fiction. There is an aborted start to a fourth story. It essentially train-crashed into a narrative dead-end. I’m likely going to have to start from the top with something new.
- There may be an attempt at the KCRW Radio Race this weekend. Last year I entered but couldn’t come up with anything within the time limit. Maybe I will have luck this year?