What Frightful Weather We Have Had
A miscellany in no particular order:
- I didn’t leave the house today due to the arctic conditions. When the wind chill is almost thirty degrees below zero it is perhaps a bit too dangerous. Fairport Harbor over in Lake County saw hurricane force winds from this nastiness.
- Development of the over-the-top network is stalled. I have ordered a new Raspberry Pi 4B+ from PiHut in the UK. That’ll likely be used as a streaming head-end. The problem is where the head-end would stream to in actual operations.
- I really want to do a teletext carousel to push out on Twitch like TCI/Adelphia had on the old 1990s cable system on Channel 30. That would help with the lack of prepared content at the moment. YouTube has an example out of Minneapolis that presents the idea roughly.
- I haven’t finished putting my query together to fetch an appropriate weather conditions map from the National Digital Forecast Database. That would be helpful to use in pushing a weather report in a semi-automated fashion.
- A goal of such a project is to NOT do something like this from Conneaut CAT-TV if we can help it.
- Something arranged like Geauga G-TV would probably work but we would ditch running on a cable system to be online only. They have video on-demand on Vimeo. Their work is funded via franchise fees received locally in Geauga County.
- This still needs work.
- The Christmas Eve service at Geneva Church of Christ should prove interesting. It WILL be streamed live on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/GenevaChurchOfChrist/ starting at 2330 UTC on Christmas Eve.
- The set of Computer Chronicles episodes that I tagged on the experimental podcast feed over on the ELP Television site is at a healthy number. The podcast feed has more programs in it than display on the site.
- I still haven’t finished wrapping Christmas presents. I suppose I should do that.
- I want to move somewhere warmer than Ashtabula. The Caribbean sounds nice. Moving back to American Samoa sounds nice too. Brisbane would be fun if I could somehow manage it. Until I feel comfortable enough getting all issues on the chart to being “well-managed” these can only be dreams.
- I’ve already lived in American Samoa and it is a lush and verdant place.
- I’ve visited part of the Caribbean.
- I haven’t yet quite managed to visit Australia notwithstanding trying to find ways to do so.
- Dating apps at this time of the year are not fun.