A Holiday Miscellany
In no particular order:
- The latest episode of Star Trek Picard was good. What would be really good would be to instead have a sort of buddy cop show with just Worf and Raffi.
- COVID-19 test positivity in Ashtabula County is now just under 15%. This is getting ridiculous.
- Big Finish has some interesting clearance sale items on CD in terms of good stories.
- I wound up looking at a vendor for pressing custom records and remembered how expensive such things happen to be.
- Thursday was a very bad day in Ashtabula City. I drove past the accident where the tractor-trailer rig collided with the Dollar General store’s outdoor curbside sign. The pole that the sign happened to be affixed to went through the engine block. To clean that mess up they had to first detach and remove the trailer then separate the rig from the pole. The engine was pretty much destroyed so it was an insurance write-off.
- I will not be attending any St. Patrick’s Day parades. We don’t have any in Ashtabula County that I’m aware of. If there are any they’re being kept secret or were announced in hidden corners of Facebook.
- After the Microsoft 365 Copilot presentation Thursday, I want to shift as much as possible to Nextcloud. The college is a Microsoft shop and the class I teach says it is Windows-centric in its course description. I am just creeped out by this thing and am not happy with where it goes.
- I need to remember to catch Shortwave Radiogram tomorrow.
- Eventually an RSP1A will be procured to set up automated monitoring of certain broadcasts such as Sector Buffalo on VHF as well as charts out of Boston.
- Setting up a streaming television station in Ashtabula County is looking like a proposition that requires a budget nearing a minimum of a quarter million dollars. In short it is likely impossible in the current situation to launch such a thing.
- The current episode of The Ark was really good. I don’t get why people are slagging it off in online reviews. This is a wonderful show.
- I am really getting into the Critical Role audio podcast of the games which can be subscribed to using this RSS feed.
- Further events will ensue…